Hi,

The GPL3 decision will undoubtably be (continually) revisited, but
the GPL3 license itself does not (yet) have the concensus of the
open source community.

Currently Microsoft Research is friendly to us, which I distinguish
from Microsoft.  Clearly MR is bound by Microsoft, whereas Sage
is not.

> I hope this is true. My worry is that Sage does not have the developer
> resources or willpower to maintain two separate versions. I think it
> will get harder and harder, especially with all the forking activity going on.

I also doubt that Sage can maintain parallel GPL2+ and GPL3 versions.
This is not a unique problem to Sage, and the eventual decision to go
GPL3 or not will be made elsewhere in the open source community.
I think it is prudent to wait and see at long as possible.

--David