Thanks for the report Carlo. The mpir team is about to make a new
release (today or at the latest Monday) if I can help it.

We'd like to fix this issue, but need some information from you. It's
best to continue the discussion over at the mpir-devel list.

Could you let us know what processor your machine has. It would also
be helpful if you could send us the output of:

cat /proc/cpuinfo

if available. The mpir list is:

http://groups.google.com/group/mpir-devel/topics?start=

I'll start a thread there for this issue.

Thanks,

Bill.