On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 2:26 PM, Maurizio <maurizio.gran...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You are so kind in asking me this!
>
> Well, I find that labels are SO beautiful and powerful, especially
> something like the way gmail let us use them. I agree that probably a
> label system, incorporated with an efficient search method (or
> filtering) would probably be even better to use and (maybe) easier to
> implement than folders.

My plan would be to implement labels in say exactly the same way as
gmail, so that we don't have to do any user-interface design.  I.e.,
we would have colors, and menus just like gmails for labels.  Of
course the underlying code to implement this would be all new.

I'm not personally going to do this anytime soon, since other things
are higher priorities for me right now: (1) finishing our Brandt
Modules implementation, (2) porting Sage to Windows.

> Thank you very much!!
>
> By the way, kudos for the good job, and congratulations for the Sun
> article, you are certainly deserving to gain popularity!
>
> PS: I still encourage you to improve engineering features ;)

Definitely.  In response, I encourage you to keep asking for them. :-)