> > I implementing the feature in the notebook before where it lists all
> > users when you click on "Share".  I thought this was nice, since you
> > could chose the ones you want.  There are now 6598 users at
> > sagenb.org, which makes the share button nearly useless.  Are people
> > OK with us changing "share" so it doesn't list any other usernames?
> > It would of course be an easy one-line patch.
>
> Could you make the box use tab-completion on the username?

Actually, I had never tried 'Share' before but needed to do so today
for something else, and lo and behold I found the feature of a
complete list VERY useful, e.g. to share something with precisely the
students enrolled in class X and not have to look at a list of all
their names and type in guesses at their usernames...

So I would add that at least for a smaller server, it would be useful
to have the option to show all of them, perhaps with a warning that
the list will be very long (Blackboard does something like this,
though as typical not in a user-friendly way, only 30 at a time).

One might also want to consider that some users of a Sage server might
NOT want to be listed under 'Share', so perhaps that could be
configurable.  And the admin should be able to configure who is
allowed to choose that privacy option (i.e. not students in class
Y).

Basically I'll just request that Sage becomes a fully-featured social
networking software with a built-in math engine and be done with
it :)  But I am serious about the "list all" feature being quite
useful in certain circumstances.

- kcrisman