On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 5:49 PM, Jason Grout
<jason-s...@creativetrax.com> wrote:

> I noticed that (as guessed) the Python Software Foundation was selected
> as a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code.  There aren't any
> Sage ideas up on the idea page:
> http://wiki.python.org/moin/SummerOfCode/2009
>
> If we are to propose a couple of ideas, now would be the time to do it,
> since students will be applying soon.

Has anybody involved in Sage development signed up to be a Python
Software Foundation GSoC mentor?   It is necessary that some of us do
this in order to have Sage project(s) through the PSF.    Note that
last week nobody at all responded to Burcin and Harald's repeated
pleas to this list for mentors for a Sage GSoC proposal.

I'm guessing that -- like me -- a lot of potential mentors already
have full-time plans this summer (e.g., I have basically nonstop
conferences all summer).

 -- William