Hazem wrote:

> Since I am alot more familiar with physics/engineering/numerical
> applications, I wonder if you think it would be a good idea to
> maintain a version of Sage geared towards these types of applications,
> especially now that Scilab and Reduce have been released as GPL-
> compatible.

I dunno. I'm not seeing any need to create a different Sage version
for applied math. For physics and engineering you just want to
use a subset of the stuff which is created for any purpose, right?
Linear algebra, integral & differential calculus, solution of
equations, etc. There isn't anything specifically engineeringish
about those topics.

Maybe there are some add-on packages of special interest e.g.
properties of materials, constrained optimization, finite-element
method. But you wouldn't want to exclude those from general
distribution.

FWIW

Robert Dodier