On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 11:18 PM, Maurizio <maurizio.gran...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't get it...
>
> how should this make SAGE easier? From my point of view, I don't even
> remember anymore (my bad I know) what a ring represent, but this is
> not slowing down my SAGE learning, I think.
>
> But what if tomorrow or the day after, I do need those?
>
> I'm sorry, I just don't get the point of removing stuff for engineers,
> how could this help them (I should say, us)? I think good examples and
> documentation would be SO MUCH better to have!

As a non-mathematician and a computer science undergraduate, I
strongly agree with this. I've been meaning to update and improve the
guide "Numerical Computing with Sage"

http://www.sagemath.org/doc/numerical_sage/

which is distributed as part of the standard Sage documentation.
However, time doesn't permit. Any volunteers? I'd be more than happy
to review.

--
Regards
Minh Van Nguyen