Dear Henryk, dear Mike,

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 12:31:46PM -0700, Henryk Trappmann wrote:
> On Mar 25, 8:08 pm, mabshoff <mabsh...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Why can't this code be patched into Mike's LazyPowerSeries class? I
> > really don't think we want the same thing implemented twice in Sage
> > with overlapping functionality.
>
> For me its just too much effort to port all the functionality and to
> retest.  My class has much more functionality than his, it makes no
> sense to port it this way.  And he didnt conduct his own offer to
> port it completely into his code.

Mike: could you pleeeeaaaase answer this e-mail??? We really really
really don't want two separate implementations.

Henryk: could you please make sure that your implementation is as much
as possible compatible with Mike, and implements all its functionality
(or at least to make sure that the design does not prevent porting the
missing bits). Then the transition will be easy.

> Also his class resides somewhere in combinat, where I wouldnt put a
> general purpose powerseries package.

(definitely this was just a temporary accident)

> The class will be called InfinitePowerSeries(Ring).

Thanks for your work on this!

Best,
                                Nicolas
--