On Mar 28, 9:08 pm, Peter Jeremy <peterjer...@optushome.com.au> wrote:
> On 2009-Mar-28 20:00:12 -0700, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 7:55 PM, Peter Jeremy
> ><peterjer...@optushome.com.au> wrote:
> >>    sage -t  "devel/sage/sage/schemes/elliptic_curves/lseries_ell.py"
> >>        Runs out of swap.
>
> >How much RAM does this machine have?  How much swap does this machine have?
>
> 2GB RAM, 9GB swap.

Strange. Can you run the test with -verbose and determine which test
is going off to eat all the RAM+Swap?

I also looked at http://wiki.sagemath.org/freebsd/sage-3.4 and I am
dubious about some of the patches, especially about most of the bits
from ports. I did not need any of those to build Sage 3.2 on FreeBSD 7
(or I did reproduce some of them :)), but I would recommend that those
fixes are pushed upstream. The choice of using shar as an archive
format also seems rather strange to me.

Which java are you using?

Cheers,

Michael