On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 9:05 PM, Gonzalo Tornaria
<torna...@math.utexas.edu> wrote:

> I did an upgrade from 3.4 as follows:
>
> 1. sage -br main  ---> switch to main, which is CLEAN
> 2. sage -upgrade
> http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/mabshoff/release-cycles-3.4.1/sage-3.4.1.alpha0
> 3. once that was finished, I pulled  the new changes into my sage-brandt
> branch
> 4. applied the rebased 5520 + my tiny patch
> 5. sage -br brandt
>
> But now, "sage -br main" (which is now clean 3.4.1.alpha0) causes the
> same issue.
>
> Gonzalo

Just delete
   local/lib/sage-flags.txt

Also, I've opened a blocker ticket about this
(http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/5628), since everybody who
upgrades will run into exactly the same problem.

The problem is that the new version of the script that checks the
flags doesn't see sse4_1 anymore (nothing in Sage specifically uses
that), but it's still in your old sage-flags.txt file.  Two possible
solutions:
   (1) delete sage-flags.txt as part of "sage -upgrade"
   (2) make it so sse4_1 is specifically ignored.

I like (1).