Maurizio wrote:
> There has been some discussions about it at:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/tree/browse_frm/thread/304a39b13cf27990/e7437b268ad918c9?rnum=1&q=notebook+folders&_done=%2Fgroup%2Fsage-devel%2Fbrowse_frm%2Fthread%2F304a39b13cf27990%2Fe22461daf01e3a1c%3Flnk%3Dgst%26q%3Dnotebook%2Bfolders%26#doc_af0fd228b7ec06d8
>
> It seems that developers are more oriented towards labels (like gmail)
> than folders, and I personally agree with this choice.
>
> Another thing discussed in the same thread is coloring...
>
> I'm wondering if the code dependent coloring in the notebook has been
> considered as a possible enhancement. This would be really useful to
> improve notebook usability.
>
> At the very end, I'm afraid we would be implementing something like
> Notepad++ (just an example) within the browser... Isn't there any
> firefox plugin or stuff like that to directly provide this?

Yes.  Some trials with some implementations of javascript coloring have
led to the conclusion that the particular implementation being tested
was too slow.

We'd all love to find a nice python syntax highlighter that was fast and
didn't bog down the notebook.

Jason

P.S. Three cheers for Tracemonkey, Squirrelfish, and V8!!!