GMP used to build on a playstation, though I don't know which
versions.

The eventual plan is to have MPIR not only build on a playstation, but
to specifically support the Cell chip.

I will not have access to a playstation 3 again for about 2 months, so
this bug is unlikely to get fixed quickly. If you can post the output
of configure, I may have some specific advice.

The latest version of MPIR is available here:

http://www.mpir.org/

If you run configure, make and make check, I'd be interested in seeing
what happens (especially the output of configure).

Bill.