On Mar 31, 4:35 pm, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Note that callable objects are fine as
> attributes (e.g., objects with a __call__ method defined).

Actually I dont see how to get it to work:
I want to give a function as initialization parameter to
FormalPowerSeries.
This function needs to be stored somewhere.
If I store it inside a callable object then the callable object can
not be pickled.
I think the ability to give a function as parameter to
FormalPowerSeries is a must.
I dont want the user to declare a class that contains the function as
__call__ method and then give an instance of this class as parameter
to FormalPowerSeries (pickling would work in this case.)

Can we circumvent this?