Hi All!

On 7 Apr., 05:45, Harald Schilly <harald.schi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. the reason why it comes up for "sage math" but not for "math" alone
> is, simply because a search for "math" is too unspecific and all
> others in the pool bidding for this word are selected. indeed, with a
> very low probability you will see the same ad here, too.

How clever is Google? Perhaps they argue:
 - "On the Sage pages, we frequently find the phrase 'viable open
source alternative to Mathematica' (or something in that spirit)"
 - Hence, Mathematica is relevant to Sage.
 - Hence, if people search for Sage, it makes sense to show them a
Mathematica ad.

In other words, could it be that the ad shows up due to the negative
self-description of Sage?

This would also explain why the ad comes up for "sage math", but not
for "math".

Cheers,
 Simon