A quick follow-up:

On Apr 17, 2009, at 02:52 , mabshoff wrote:
> On Apr 17, 12:27 am, "Justin C. Walker" <jus...@mac.com> wrote:
>> On Apr 16, 2009, at 09:10 , mabshoff wrote:
[snip]
>>      preparing documents... WARNING: html_favicon is not an .ico file

As I mentioned in my last note, this warning still occurs, but since
it is "just a warning", I didn't hold up the patch review (since the
patch didn't claim to address it).

[snip]
>> Testing ("-j6") tells me:
>>      All tests passed!
>>      Total time for all tests: 3921.3 seconds
>>      However, an ERROR occurred in the Distributed Sage unit tests.
>>
>> The distributed sage test output shows:
> <SNIP>
>
>> I placed test.log and the output from the upgrade in
>>     sage.math.washington.edu:~justin/logs/3.4.1.rc3.
>> {test,upgrade}.log
>> respectively.
>
> Hmm, is this failure reproducible? Funny firewall settings can cause
> this and let's just say that DSage isn't exactly the most robust
> component in Sage :(

This did not reproduce.  I'll look into it a bit more this weekend.
It's possible my firewall settings got in the way, but they haven't
changed since I ran this the first time.  Also, there were no
unexplained or related indications of a problem in any of the system
log files.

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large