On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 2:46 PM, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I posted a patch so that
>
> (1) doctests are ran in the same order as the file
> (2) doctests can be run in random order
> (3) doctests can be run in random order specified by a seed
>
> Carl, maybe you can referee it:
>
>  http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/5816

OK, what should happen now?  I like the patch (except for the name of
the command-line argument); but it can't be applied because it makes
doctests fail.

As far as I can tell, there are two options:

1) go through and fix all the broken doctests, and add new patches to
#5816 for all of them

2) leave out the zero-padding from this patch, so that the default
doctest order doesn't change.  Then once all the broken doctests are
eventually fixed, the zero-padding can be reinstated.

Carl