On Apr 18, 5:05 pm, Carl Witty <carl.wi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, what should happen now?  I like the patch (except for the name of
> the command-line argument); but it can't be applied because it makes
> doctests fail.

I'd suggest the randomized order should be made available as soon as
possible.  It requires a positive action to invoke it, and its
*purpose* is to break doctests.  ;-)  In other words, it is working
properly when doctests break.

On the other hand, padding the example numbers to change the current
order (even if it is somewhat unpredictable) would seem to be too
chaotic.

So maybe two passes are in order.

1.  Allow the randomization switch, advertise problem areas, get
doctests cleaned up.

2.  Test strict ordering, perhaps optionally for a while and clean up
further problems with advertisements of problem areas.

3.  Make strict ordering the default.

Rob