On Apr 19, 10:28 am, "Georg S. Weber" <georgswe...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> On 19 Apr., 18:29, mabshoff <mabsh...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Apr 19, 8:07 am, Florent Hivert <florent.hiv...@univ-rouen.fr>
> > wrote:
>
> > >       Dear Michael,
>
> > Hi Florent,
>
> > > Am I doing something wrong ? Or am I just giving a bad news ?
>
> > As mentioned on the ticket in the last two comments you need the spkgs
> > from #5823 for the patch to work.
>
> Yep, sure.
>
> But if I don't misread the mail from Florent, as a last step he did
> use exactly these two "spkgs from #5823" (e.g. the 2.47, not 2.46)!

Yes, I saw that later, too.

> Florent, could you please test with "long" in it, i.e. e.g. (the 360
> seconds are just a timeout value, with "long" it's half an hour):
>
> sage -t  -long rings/polynomial/toy_variety.py

No, running it with -long won't help here. It will just time out after
1800 seconds.

clisp is crap either way, i.e. 2.47 bombs out during compilation of
its own lisp code on SLES10/Itanium. It is just slightly less buggy
then 2.46, but still not acceptable. Two things will help to fix this:

 * the pynac switch since a vast set of functionality that uses Maxima
now will no longer do so
 * the ecl switch since clisp 2.47 is still broken on Solaris/Sparc
with any gcc after *3.2.3*.

Both will happen in Sage 4.0 - I know, the ecl switch has been
announced over and over again, but this time I mean it ;)

> Cheers,
> gsw

Cheers,

Michael