On Apr 24, 11:04 pm, "Dr. David Kirkby" <david.kir...@onetel.net>
wrote:

Hi David,

> I've tried to build 3.4.1 on Sun Blade 2000 (SPARC) workstation, using
> the tool chain I downloaded from the Sage web site (based on gcc 4.3.2).
>
> This went well for several hours, but then failed. It appears the
> directory /home/mabshoff/sparc-solaris-toolchain/ is hard-coded
> somewhere, so naturally fails if the build-directory is elsewhere:

Find lib/libstdc++.la in the toolchain directory and fix the path. You
might want to look for other libtool generated files (i.e. various .la
files) in the toolchain directory and adjust accordingly. Normally you
should be able to delete them since libtool usually is clever enough
to deal with their absence.

The "hard coded path in libtool generated file problem" is something
we do fix for Sage also, so unfortunately for now this will remain
broken of now until we fix, even though I am blaming LinBox's build
system for this error since it shouldn't fail out. I assume you set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH correctly so that libstdc++.so is found. Many crappy
projects link libstdc++ for some dumb reasons when it isn't required,
i.e. if you compile and link code with g++ you should never explicitly
link it. Oh well ...

Cheers,

Michael