On Apr 25, 5:53 am, David Joyner <wdjoy...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi David,

> Wow! I have stunning news (for me anyway):
>
> This compiles perfectly *and passes all tests* on ubuntu 64bit 8.10
> with a phenom chip.

Well, give the trouble you have seen in the past with your specific
setup this clearly indicates clisp since that is the only real change
that made a difference. On some systems clisp 2.47 now completely
blows up when building, i.e. both current 32 and 64 bit Madriva
releases, where 2.46 did build, so I am glad we will be getting rid of
it. I am truly hoping ecl will act more stable, but our dependency on
Maxima will decrease with the switch to pynac anyways.

> This is the first time that has happened in more releases than I can remember!
>
> Great job to everyone involed, which definitely includes Michael
> Abshoff.

:)

Cheers,

Michael