Hi,

Our goals for Sage-4.0, in order, are:

1. Switch from Maxima to Pynac for Symbolics.
2. Get doctest coverage for the core Sage library to 75%.
3. Official 32-bit Solaris support
4. OS X 64-bit.

The top priority items on the TODO list for Sage 4.0 are:

  1. Fix that symmetrica is broken on Solaris Sparc:

  2. Get David Roe's p-adic doctest coverage/cleanup into Sage:
      This really needs to be reviewed!

  3. Get Mike Hansen and Burcin Erocals symbolics rewrite into Sage.
This is not quite posted, but Mike is going strong on this right now
and plans to have something available very soon.

  4. Libsingular is completely broken on 64-bit OS X.  Everybody who has looked
at this (me included) is currently stumped.  Martin Albrecht hasn't tried yet.

  5. Switch from Clisp to ECL:

Regarding the goals above, 1 will happen via mainly work of Mhansen,
plus referee work of us and lots of help testing in a few days.   For
2, the combination of David Roe's doctest patch, Mike's changes to
symbolic calculus, and moving dsage out of the core Sage library, plus
the recent docdays easily goes over 75%.
For 3, we have fixed everything except the symmetrica issues and the
ECL fix.  Michael Abshoff is working on ECL very soon.    Regarding 4,
we're completely blocked until libsingular gets fixed, which might not
happen until Martin Albrecht figures it out.

 -- William

--
William Stein
Associate Professor of Mathematics