On May 1, 12:05 am, Jaap Spies <j.sp...@hccnet.nl> wrote:
> Jaap Spies wrote:
> > mabshoff wrote:
> >> Hello folks,
>
> > Now doing a fresh install on this machine.

Hi Jaap,

> On this fresh install first success, followed by the failure:
>
> SAGE build/upgrade complete!
> [j...@paix sage-3.4.2.rc0]$ ./sage -t
> "devel/sage/sage/matrix/matrix_symbolic_dense.pyx"
> sage -t  "devel/sage/sage/matrix/matrix_symbolic_dense.pyx"
>          [125.6 s]

<SNIP>

>         sage -t  "devel/sage/sage/matrix/matrix_symbolic_dense.pyx"
> Total time for all tests: 74.1 seconds
> [j...@paix sage-3.4.2.rc0]$
>
> Weird!

Yeah, I don't want to invest any time debugging this - I have not been
able to reproduce this anyway - and I much rather spend time on the
ecl switch. If that is still there after dumping clisp we will take
another stab at this.

While going over the open tickets in 4.0 I noticed this ticket:

   #5943 (Sage 3.4.2.a0: prime_pi(2^50) segfaults)

If someone could take a stab at that it would be nice since that is
brand new code and ought to be a little bit more stable than that. I
am waiting on a fix for #5952 in the morning, i.e. Saturday, so some
hero might want to earn some brownie points over night :)

> Jaap

Cheers,

Michael