On May 1, 9:38 am, Fidel <fidel.barr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was thinking of maybe being able to export to another format to be
> able to get drawings as well. A LaTeX package for drawing graphs that
> I like very much is tkz-graph,

Hi Fidel,

Thanks for the information on all of this - those examples are very
nice.

Rather than having the editor produce all the latex code, it might
make sense to have that built into the graph object.  So one could
edit a graph  g   in an editor, and then the (standard Sage) call
latex(g)  would produce the same latex you show here in your
demonstration.  I think graphs in Sage carry enough position
information by default (or it could be supplied) that this should then
always be possible outside of the editor (such as at the Sage command
line).

Right now,  latex(g)  throws a  NotImplementedError  and suggests
using a routine that builds an EPS document to include in a latex
document.  Building tkz-graph commands as output of latex() would seem
to be a much better approach for adding features, obtaining output
that integrates into a latex document easier and which can be
integrated into Sage's other (excellent) support for latex.  This
would be a great addition to Sage.

Rob