Ok, no 4.0.a0 yet, but it should drop fairly soon. An update of what
is going on:

 * 75% coverage - we are already close at 74.4% or so and the pynac
symbolics switch will get us past 75%. There is also a bunch of code
in trac that should increase coverage even further. Depending on what
else is merged we might hit 76% in 4.0 :)

 * Solaris: Down from 7 doctest failures to 5. Of those 3 are caused
by Symmetrica, the other two either have a patch that needs a little
work (sage/interfaces/singular.py) or where we have identified the
problem and have a proposed fixed (rings/tests.py - get_memory_usage()
is insanely slow since we call an external insanely slow top). With
the ecl switch in progress all compilation issues should be resolved,
too. This leaves symmetrica

 * 64 bit OSX: malb identified and fixed the problem in libSingular,
so aside from an issue in gen.pyx we are very close to 100% passing
doctests.

 * gcc 4.4.0: all proposed fixes need to be reviewed and merged (some
tickets are missing, but it shold make it)

 * clisp->ecl: ecl.spkg needs to be posted and tested, but all
interface and doctest issues have been resolved.

 * pynac/symbolics switch: Loads of work happened, loads of work ahead
- all the sudden this one seems to be the one falling behind compared
to the other ones since a week ago this one seemed to be anticipated
to leap ahead of everything else in 4.0 ;)

Cheers,

Michael