Why not call GNU/Sage :) Still, I cannot understand why they insist
the name GNU/Linux. There is another software distribution based on
Solaris Kernel which they call it Nexenta. http://www.nexenta.org/os .
There are many more software that are not labeled with the name GNU,
but they feel they should call it with GNU. What if I build a
distribution on Linux kernel without any GNU named software? Will it
still be GNU/Linux?
Now they started another confusion, maybe on right bases but still
with poor name choices. Free software definitely will resemble to
anyone who don't know the real meaning, as free beer, not free speech.
These discussions, maybe from the social perspective, give the
incorrectly named free software a reasonable base for advocating their
ideals against the open source, I still think this is not a matter of
freedom, this is a problem to call it rather Stallman or not.
Sorry for those with the opposing ideas, I know this is not 100 per
cent related with William's mail, but I quite feel it is important to
discuss this...
AAP