Kwankyu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Sage website looks pale and gloomy to me.

That's what I feel - it needs brightening up somewhat.

> But I don'like
> Mathematica's website either.

Fair enough. These things are very subjective.
> Also I want to express my opinion again here that I don't like the
> Sage logo (but I like Cython's logo very much). Perhaps what I don't
> like is the science fiction-ish glyph. I wish someone artistic (not
> me) redesign the Sage logo. I already know that my opinion is not
> shared with many others though.

I agree with you about the Sage logo.

The Cyclon one looks better, but I can't say I like it a lot.

Again I quite like the Mathematica ones, which change with every new
major release. They are generated from mathematical equations with
Mathematica. I think they are designed by Micheal Trott

I used some of his basic ideas and tweaked them somewhat to generated
the one I created for WITM

http://witm.sourceforge.net/

Some quite interesting, attractive and mathematics related logos could
be generated by the use of fractal equations. There's a few examples on
the Fractint web site.

http://spanky.triumf.ca/www/FRACTint/fract-gal.html

It should not be too difficult to use Sage to create a nice looking
fractal and use that as a logo.

Dave