Hi Sage-Devel,

I was sitting next to John Abbott (of the Cocoa project) at a
conference today (MEGA), and we started chatting.  It was pretty
embarasing that there *still* isn't a cocoalib spkg.   I don't know
how we've been so lazy not to make one.    Anyways, I just made one
and posted a link to it here:

It should be easy to install into any version of Sage in < 2 minutes:

   sage -i libcocoa-0.9930.spkg

then do

   sage -sh
   cd SAGE_ROOT/local/lib/cocoa-0.9930/src/examples/

and you can make any of the examples, e.g.,

   make ex-NF
   ./ex-NF

Read the source code for examples to see how they work, etc.

No, I didn't write a Cython / libcocoa interface or something that
uses the cocoalib5 server to do anything in Sage.

 -- William

--
William Stein
Associate Professor of Mathematics