Hi,

one of the rule for getting code into Sage is 100% doctesting --- what
does it mean exactly?
At least one doctest per function/method? Is there some tool to check
that? I think I remember there was some script for it, but I can't
find it now.

However, at least to me, just one doctest per function is not enough,
I like to have the code 100% tested, which is a completely different
thing (but so far I didn't have much luck with automatic testing tools
to test it, like figleaf or coverage, I'll try to look into it again,
but I was curious if any of you have more experience with this). Also,
should all tests go to the docstring? I remember asking William about
it on IRC some time ago and he said it should (e.g. the TESTS section
is not shown in the docstring in ipython with sage patches). I can't
find the TESTS section here:

http://sagemath.org/doc/developer/conventions.html

but I thought I saw it somewhere (correct me if I am wrong).

In sympy, for example for the Order() class (holding the order in the
series expansion, e.g. the "O" term) has about 100 lines of tests. So
in Sage you would just put all of them into the docstring?

I however like that each function has at least one doctest showing the
actual usage of the function, so once I write (or borrow from Sage)
some script to automatically check that, I am going to impose that for
all new code going to sympy (note again, that this is about the
examples, the actual tests were always required). Because this shows
very nice in the sphinx documentation.

I am asking here, because you have the experience with holding all
tests in the docstring itself, so I am curious about your opinion of
it.

Also a related question --- where exactly should the tests in the file
"calculus/test_sympy.py" go?

Thanks,
Ondrej