> It still seems rather dull to be honest. I'd appreciate any input.

You could always try walking them through the process by fixing a bug live
during the talk. I think William did this in his class last quarter, with
mixed results. It'd definitely be exciting, though. I don't know if you're
already planning this, but when you talk about the state of patches on trac,
etc., it'd be nice to load up trac live and show them what you mean.

One more random comment: for the bit about queues, I think this link should
be there, too:

  http://wiki.sagemath.org/MercurialQueues

-cc