Dear Tom, dear category reviewers,

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 02:30:23PM -0700, Nicolas Thiéry wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 12:00:19PM -0700, Tom Boothby wrote:
> > I'm the release manager for sage-4.0.3.
> > Python to 2.6, and if I succeed, I'll rename the release to sage-4.1.
> > In about an hour, I'm going to send out review requests.
>
> Tom: thanks very much for your time on this!
>
> To all (potential) category code reviewers: I would really want to see
> the category code end up in 4.1. FPSAC, the main algebraic
> combinatorics conference, is less than one month from now, and the
> sage-combinat dev have invested a lot of work this year to get Sage up
> to speed at this point. We have 1/2 Mb worth of combinatorics patches
> (root systems, crystals, symmetric functions, ...) waiting for the
> category code to get in. For those, we will be able to manage the
> review process among us, but we will need some time.

Does the following looks sensible to all of you:

 - By, say, Wednesday, each category reviewer makes sure to glance
   through his patch, and report whether he sees any definitive show
   stopper: that is something that absolutely have to be fixed before
   integrating the code into Sage, and that is not easy to fix.  He
   also report an estimate of the date by which he can complete the
   full review.

 - Accordingly, it's decided whether the category code is the official
   goal (with python 2.6) for Sage 4.1. And whether there should be an
   intermediate 4.0.3.

 - If yes (which I very much hope!), we all work hard to tidy up the
   easy things to fix.

Cheers,
                                Nicolas
--