I am attaching my spkg-install script that I have used to generate a
Framework build of Python 2.5.1.  You might have to tweak it for later
versions of Python, but this should get you started.  One important
thing to note is where the Framework goes.  It will be installed in
$SAGE_LOCAL/Frameworks.  The bin and lib directories (where
executables and site-packages) end up will be subdirectories of this.
You will probably need to point PATH to something like
$SAGE_LOCAL/Frameworks/Current/bin.

I am also attaching an spkg-install script that builds VTK against
that python.  You will obviously have to tweak the OpenGL stuff to
point to your mesa, but this should get you going.

Cheers,

Brian