Very promising!  Just yesterday, I found Google's tutorial on writing a
Python application for their App Engine:

http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/gettingstarted/

There are some sample projects at

http://code.google.com/p/google-app-engine-samples/

Actually, I was motivated not to rewrite the notebook, but to adapt a
Python web server for controlling and monitoring the process of building
and testing Sage.

For example, we might use a local web dashboard to run doctests and
quickly get a list of the failures.  Machines on a build farm could
occupy individual tabs.  Maybe individual Sage developers could send
automated build reports (and logs, as necessary) to sagemath.org or a cloud.

How soon into the build process can we bring Sage to life, that is,
start running at least a minimal server?