Hi John,

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 7:54 AM, John H Palmieri<jhpalmier...@gmail.com> wrote:

<SNIP>

>> You can't commit anything in Sage 4.1.1.alpha0 since the repository
>> has been corrupted by the previous patches on ticket #6307. One option
>> is to refer to the new patches on #6307 for a fix. Another is to wait
>> for Sage 4.1.1.alpha1 to get out in a couple of hours. Sage
>> 4.1.1.alpha1 will revert #6307, so that should fix the repository
>> corruption problem. A third option is to manually revert the patches
>> on #6307 yourself.
>
> It seems to me that in 4.1.1.alpha0, if I make a clone, then I can
> apply patches.  Am I hallucinating again?

No, not really. If you're using the binary version of Sage
4.1.1.alpha0, then you can commit and there's no repo corruption and
hg doesn't complain about missing .js files. But if you're using the
source distribution of Sage 4.1.1.alpha0, then hg complains about
missing .js files. If you're using the source distribution and you've
cloned the main repository of that distribution, then I have no ideas
since I just deleted my source distribution of Sage 4.1.1.alpha0
before you asked the question. (Mental note to self: compile the
source distribution of each release and don't delete it until the next
release :-)

--
Regards
Minh Van Nguyen