On Jul 22, 2009, at 7:33 PM, Golam Mortuza Hossain wrote:

> I agree. Both Sage derivative and anti-derivative should be made
> compatible
> to each other by design from the very beginning. Having them in two
> separate sub-system can make thing only worse.
>
> Regarding Maxima, I strongly believe that Sage needs Maxima for
> symbolic integration for quite some time.

I suspect that SymPy could be used for symbolic integration with some
work. How
much better (if it would be at all) is a different matter. I'll try to
put some
more work back into my integration test suite soon.

Cheers,

Tim.

---
Tim Lahey
PhD Candidate, Systems Design Engineering
University of Waterloo
http://www.linkedin.com/in/timlahey