Hi,

There was a new release of OS X today, called "OS X 10.6".    The install
DVD, which cost $30, also includes a new version of XCode (build 5646),
which uses gcc 4.2.1 by default.

1. Sage binaries built on 10.5 appear to work fine on OS X 10.6.  Yeah.

2. Sage itself fails to build from source on 10.6.  I just started a 64-bit
build and so far the only failure was readline, which I easily fixed by just
upgrading to the latest readline (version 6.0) and getting rid of the old
workarounds for using 5.2.   I don't know how many other problems there will
be. I've opened a ticket for this if anybody else is interested:

My instincts are that this "port" is going to be really easy, since 10.6 is
a pretty incremental upgrade.

 -- William

--
William Stein