Hi Jan!

On Sep 10, 12:14 pm, Jan Groenewald <j...@aims.ac.za> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 03:52:08AM -0700, Simon King wrote:
> > Anyway, you can use the environment variable SAGE_TESTDIR. I just did
> > the following on sage.math:
> >   $ mkdir tst
> >   $ export SAGE_TESTDIR=`pwd`/tst/
> >   $ sage -t test.py
> > where test.py is some Python file in the working directory. It
> > worked!
>
> We did this. It works with a test file doing simple instructions, not
> with doctests.

What do you mean by "simple instructions" versus "doctests"?

If you have a file "test.py" with the following content, what happens
with "sage -t test.py"?
def foo(n):
    """
    sage: foo(1)
    2
    sage: foo(2)
    3
    """
    return 2*n

I did this on sage.math, after exporting SAGE_TESTDIR to something I
can write to, and I got the expected doc test error, since of course
one gets 4, not 3, in the above doc test.

Cheers
Simon