Stan Schymanski wrote:
> To reduce the problem about sharing code, all the custom settings could
> be saved in a dictionary and a simple call to your own dictionary would
> restore your own custom settings again.
>
> I see your point about reduced compatibility between different people's
> code, though. I'd still much more prefer this to a change in the default
> behaviour that would break my own code without providing a way of
> reverting this change to run my old code.

Mike Hansen's @options decorator that is used in the graphics provides a
way to set the default options.  We use it in the graphics code all the
time.  However, I agree with Robert here in this case (where the output
would be different for different defaults).

One could make the case that solve with solution_dict should actually be
a different function.

I think making subs() and the __call__ method accept solve output would
take care of most of the needs for me, and would not be disruptive at all.

Jason

--
Jason Grout