Hi Francis,

\o/

> On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 12:12:18PM -0700, fwc wrote:
> > 1.  The "mysterious error" message derives from a bug introduced by my
> > patch at #6861.  It was triggered whenever sage -t was applied to a
> > full path name other than one within the devel directory.  I've added
> > an extra patch to #6861 which deals that out, I hope.  It should also
> > make deletion of the files in .sage/tmp work better --- when all
> > doctests are passed.

I had full-pathnames errors even before applying your first ("new") patch.
(Python import errors.)

> Will apply soon.

OK, I did, as root:

   sage -b main
   sage: hg_scripts.import_patch('trac_6861_new.patch')
   sage: hg_scripts.import_patch('trac_6861_extra.patch')

and sage -t now works with full paths [not with relative, there
is still a problem with os.path.exists()] for the normal user
with a testfile in ~.

I then did:

   sage -b AIMS-autosave-patch
   (minimal changes to how many snapshots/history is kept)

and the sage -t still works, dpl.sage tests pass and test.py
shows the one intended error.

I will deploy sage, currently used in a course for 54 students, with the two
patches applied, and report any strange behaviour. Then again, students always
behave strangely.

Thanks!
Jan

--