Hi,

I looked over the code.  The code implements what is the world's
fastest general purpose prime_pi for a practical range of numbers --
it's much faster than Mathematica, or anything else available in
general purpose software. However, it is really mainly a first very
rough draft, in that it still hardcodes explicitly paths, etc., and
will need to be *completely gone over* line by line by a very
experienced Sage developer. That said, all the really *hard work* that
requires specialized knowledge about number theory has already been
done. What's left is a lot of work that requires an extremely good
knowledge of Python and Sage.

Kevin is happy to share copyright credit with somebody who wants to help.

Any volunteers?  The total code length is about 800 lines including comments.

This could be a good "case study" for the developer's guide.  We could
have the "before" and "after", and explanation of each thing done.

 -- William

--
William Stein
Associate Professor of Mathematics