On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Dr. David Kirkby
<david.kir...@onetel.net> wrote:

> http://sagetrac.org/sage_trac/ticket/6579
>
> documents a problem which will occur if one tries to build Sage using
> gcc on 't2', or any other Solaris box I have tried on. One has to
> manually comment out lines 258, 259 and 428 of the file
> $SAGE_HOME/local/include/pari/paripriv.h
>
> I personally don't know how to fix this issue. Nobody I'm aware of has
> looked at it. So each time Sage is built on Solaris, one needs to
> manually edit the file.
>
> What do we do about this?

We have *exactly* the same problem with the Cygwin port.  One
possibility would be
to put a #ifdef around those 3 lines in order to remove them.

Note that I think this problem only appears when building the *Sage*
library, not when
building PARI.  So we would pass -Dsomething to Cython so those lines don't get
included when building the Sage library.  What do you think?  If this
seems reasonable for
you, I think I can easily implement it (since, again, it is needed for
the Cygwin port).

William

--
William Stein