On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 at 02:15PM -0700, William Stein wrote:
> Hi Sage-Devel,
>
> Jarrod Millman, Prabhu Ramachandran, and I have been kicking around
> the idea of having a Sage Days in India as a satellite conference near
> when the next ICM (International Congress of Mathematicians) will
> happen in India next year (Aug 19-27, 2010 -- see
> http://www.icm2010.org.in/).
>
> Who here is highly interested in the possibility of attending such a
> Sage Days?

It's quite unlikely I could make it -- I've got other travel, plus not
enough funding, etc -- but I definitely think this should happen. In the
other thread about #sage-devel's global coverage, I was going to mention
that our developer map has no one in China or India -- two countries
that together make up somewhere around 40% of the planet's population!
There's got to be mathematicians and programmers in India who would
love to contribute to Sage, and a Sage Days there near ICM is a great
idea.

Dan

--
---  Dan Drake