On Oct 1, 9:33 am, Stan Schymanski <schym...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Would it be hard to write a routine, which answers all of maxima's
> questions with all possible answers and creates a new solution branch
> for each answer?

I attempted, some time ago, to automate the question-answer
business; the result is the "noninteractive" add-on package.
It sort of works, but it's easy to find cases for which it fails.
Some successful cases and some failures are stated in the
comment header of noninteractive.mac (in the Maxima distribution).

The general strategy was to intercept questions and generate
the alternatives and re-evaluate under each alternative.
That way it's not necessary to change the code at all of the
places at which questions are generated. I considered that
also and decided against it.

If anyone is interested, I would very much appreciate your help.

FWIW

Robert Dodier