On 26-Oct-09, at 11:22 AM, William Stein wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wonder why everybody (*) making suggestions has never put together a
> single Sage release themselves, yet everybody who has done significant
> work putting together Sage releases, organizing the web page, mirror
> binaries, etc., has completely refrained from making any suggestions?

I didn't spend significant time, but I did spend an entire week being
release manager once.

It is my personal opinion that the system has been working.  I was
disappointed that major backwards incompatibility was lost to a double-
point upgrade, but that's infrequent.  I opted out of this discussion
because no matter what is agreed to, I don't see anything changing:
Sage is, for better or for worse, driven by developers.  All talk of
releases marked stable, etc, doesn't fit with that reality.

Nick