> Maybe we can set an option to fix this:
>
> "Perhaps this bug is not a new problem. The answer of Maxima depends on the
> flag triginversers.
>
> (%i36) integrate(sqrt(sin(t)^2+cos(t)^2),t,0,2*%pi),triginverses:true;
> (%o36) %pi
>
> (%i37) integrate(sqrt(sin(t)^2+cos(t)^2),t,0,2*%pi),triginverses:all;
> (%o37) 2 %pi
>
> The default value of triginverses has changed with revision 1.33 of
> trigi.lisp from 'all to 'true. The bug was not visible in the past with the
> standard value 'all of triginverses.

Just so we know what we're getting into:

http://www.math.utexas.edu/pipermail/maxima/2008/012981.html says
that
(%i1) triginverses;
(%o1) all
(%i2) asin(sin(x));
(%o2) x
(%i3) asin(sin(x)), triginverses=true;
(%o3) asin(sin(x))

Is that going to affect any Sage stuff if we revert to 'all'?
(Presumably not, since there don't seem to have been any other
complaints about this.)

- kcrisman