On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 9:18 AM, mhampton <hampto...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't seem to get virtualbox 3.0.8 to work on my mac.  Things work
> fine on my windows machine, I did a small test by adding the new
> biopython optional package and that worked well.  I am curious if
> anyone else can get virtualbox to work on OS X 10.4, or if its
> something funny about my machine.
>
> -Marshall

I just had exactly the same problem as you with the same error message
on my OS X 10.6 macbook air laptop.  I did the following:

   1. Rebooted.  That didn't fix it.
   2. Downloaded VirtualBox (3.0.10 now -- they release more often
than Sage!), and reinstalled from scratch.  That didn't help.
   3. Reinstalled 3.0.10 *again* from scratch... and everything works
now.  Weird.

When I googled for results about this error message during the last
week, all I found were emails from you.

 -- William