On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 01:04:25PM -0800, rjf wrote:

> > > Actually, while Maxima includes library access to Fortran methods, it
> > > is far inferior to what could be done in numeric integration,
> > > as demonstrated by recent Mathematica versions. You would hardly get a
> > > hint that 75% of the sage-support messages are about Maxima.
> >
> > No they aren't.
>
> I have supplied the calculation already.  Open up a sage-support
> window. There are 3480 or so messages. Now search for "maxima" and you
> will have a hit on 75% of them.

Theorem: More than 186% of messages on sage-support are about the
usage of definite articles in the English language.

Proof: There are 16516 messages on sage-support.  Search for "the",
you get 30800 results.  The ensuing computation is left to the gentle
reader.

--
Alex Ghitza -- Lecturer in Mathematics -- The University of Melbourne
-- Australia -- http://www.ms.unimelb.edu.au/~aghitza/