Jaap Spies <j.sp...@hccnet.nl> writes:

> mark mcclure wrote:
>> On Nov 23, 3:30 pm, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> That is true.  In fact, I hope in the proposal to not insult or snub
>>> non-free commercial software either.
>>
>> But William, just two days ago on sage-support you wrote:
>> "Let's put Mathworks out of business."
>> http://groups.google.com/group/sage-support/browse_thread/thread/b56450bab6d43bf7/a82a770db1abd6dc#msg_d72f94b7ff856c29
>>

> Ever heard of the word humor? Even without a smiley this is possible in
> a message.

I, as a german speaking, can see no humor in that post you link to.  And
I had difficulty "getting" William's humour in the past already several
times.  (Even though I lived in a british family in Australia for one
year as an exchange student.  My english is far from perfect, but I'd be
surprised if the english of *all* others on sage-devel is better than
mine.)

That said, I would like to make it clear that in no way I endorse
software patents, or as a matter of fact, any patents at all.

Change of topic :-)

Reading Section 8, I gather sage has no interest in FriCAS abilities in
differential algebra?  I'd be interested to know, because I was going to
put in some effort, specifically, symbolic treatment of ADE's and
recurrences.

Martin