Hi William,

> > In the operation, several friend there lost their job (actually this in not
> > Mathworks fault and probably the result of Sciface being bought by
> > Mathworks is
> > that some of them keep their job)...
> >
> > I'm not sure anyone in this sharks market will care a cent about putting
> > sage
> > down...
> > Florent
>
> How do you imagine that one of those sharks could "put Sage down"?
> I'm genuinely curious, because I don't see how *they* can.  The
> obvious attacks that come to mind are:

I wrote my e-mail in a kind of hurry. And my English is not good enough to
reflect with precision what I had in mind... Let me try to precise it more.

One of the main reason I considered the switch from MuPAD to sage is exactly
because Sage is now sufficiently big enough that I'm sure It will never be
controled by a private company. As far as I know (I'm too young to have
witnessed those event), MuPAD and maple as well started as a projet in some
university. And at some point they where brought by some private company. And
I know for a fact that MuPAD had been under attack by one of those company
long before they were fired out by the University of Paderborn.

>    * Sage is totally immune to what happened to Mupad, since the
> copyright ownership of Sage is spread across hundreds of individuals.

And I'm very glad for that.

Cheers,

Florent