Jaap Spies wrote:
> David Kirkby wrote:
>> The following gives a rough idea of what works on Open Solaris on a
>> Sun Ultra 27. ( I say 'rough' as some packages I modified, and some
>> may not be working as they should).
>>
>> Hardware: Sun Ultra 27, 12 GB RAM, quad core 3.333 GHz Xeon, Nvidia
>> Quadro FX 3800
>> Software: Open Solaris 06/2009. Based on snv_111b.
>>
>> Open Solaris is the host here - it is *not* running in VirtualBox
>>
>> GCC configured as follows:
>>
>> drkir...@hawk:~/sage-4.3.1.alpha0$ gcc -v
>> Using built-in specs.
>> Target: i386-pc-solaris2.11
>> Configured with: ./configure --with-build-time-tools=/usr/ccs/bin
>> --with-gmp=/usr/local --with-mpfr=/usr/local
>> Thread model: posix
>> gcc version 4.4.2 (GCC)
>>
>> $ export SAGE_PORT=foobar
>> $ export SAGE64=yes
>> $ export CFLAGS=-m64
>> $ export CXXFLAGS=-m64
>> $export FCFLAGS=-m64
>> $export SAGE_FORTRAN_LIB=/usr/local/lib/amd64/libgfortran.so
>> $ export SAGE_FORTRAN=/usr/local/bin/gfortran
>> $ make -k
>>

> Where did you get the 64 bit libgfortran.so?

I assume it got there were I installed gcc.

drkir...@hawk:~$ file /usr/local/lib/amd64/libgfortran.so
/usr/local/lib/amd64/libgfortran.so:    ELF 64-bit LSB dynamic lib AMD64
Version 1
[SSE2 SSE CMOV FPU], dynamically linked, not stripped

> I'll try a make -n and report back

It's 'make -k' you want.

I was thinking, if we could sort out the things that stop this building with
Sun
Studio, it would be a lot easier for people, as there would be no messing
around
building gcc, with all the problems that can cause. They could just download
Sun
Studio - supporting Sage would be a lot easier if everyone had exactly the same
compiler. I still think there are bits in Sage though which will not build with
Sun Studio.

You could try yourself building gcc with just the few options I used.

drkir...@hawk:~$ gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: i386-pc-solaris2.11
Configured with: ./configure --with-build-time-tools=/usr/ccs/bin
--with-gmp=/usr/local --with-mpfr=/usr/local
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.4.2 (GCC)

Dave