Oscar Lazo wrote:
> Well, this is basically a clone of mathematicas "SphericalPlot3d" only
> that i thought the 3d was redundant.
>
> I've published the function here: http://www.sagenb.org/pub/1319/ .
> And cloned the examles in
> http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/ref/SphericalPlot3D.html
>
> So there. This would be my first contribution to sage, so thats
> great! :D

This is fantastic!  Thank you very much.  I could have really used this
this last semester when I taught multivariable calculus, and I'll
definitely use this this next semester when I teach the same class!

If you have the time or inclination, maybe you could also generalize
this to a cylindrical coordinate plotting function.  In fact, I wonder
how easy it would be to make a function that took a coordinate
transformation and gave back a plotting function in those coordinates:

Maybe something like:

def generate_plotting_function(transform):
     """
     transform is a list of 3 functions
     """

     def new_function(f, var_1, var_2, *args, **kwds):
         g=[h(f,var_1,var_2) for h in transform]
         parametric_plot3d(g, var_1, var_2, *args, **kwds)

spherical_plot=generate_plotting_function((r*cos(t)*sin(p),
r*sin(t)*sin(p), r*cos(p)))

cylindrical_plot=generate_plotting_function((r*cos(t)*z, r*sin(t)*z, z))

(I'm sure there are errors in the above; I wasn't careful about the
variable names above, for example).

Thanks,

Jason